Welcome to cheap eat nutrition recipe ideas! These are affordable nutritious recipes that are grain & gluten free, healthy for the gut microbes and contain a healthy dose of fat. You can find various cheap eat dishes and ideas on the Instagram page; @cheap.eat.nutrition .
So today’s recipe is for spicy sticky chicken wings. As all will know, buying organic free range meat & poultry is expensive, chicken wings are however an affordable addition as opposed to the more popular breast meat. They have the additional nutritional extra of the skins, (providing a healthy source of fat and collagen) as well as being left with bones that can be put towards a nutritious bone broth, (see previous post for recipe and info https://whatsuppblogblog.com/2016/10/29/whats-the-fuss-about-bone-broth/ )
– 1 pack of chicken wings
– 1 tsp ginger
– 1 tsp chilli flakes
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 heaped tble spoon of coconut oil
– Place coconut oil in pan and heat on low setting until liquid
– Add spices and stir together combining ingredients into a glaze
– Place chicken wings in heat proof dish drizzle glaze over wings
– Massage glaze into individual chicken wings
– If time allows, cover wings and place wings in fridge to marinate for a few hours
– Place wings in oven at 180 Celsius and cook for 20/25 mins
– Allow to cool for 5 mins, serve and enjoy!