Keeping with the sweet taste from our last cheap eat nutrition recipe, here we have for you some rather tasty chocolate brownies.
These brownies are completely wheat, grain and gluten free. You can mix the sweetener up from honey to date syrup but sorry vegans, eggs are essential in this one!
– 2/3 eggs (2 large or 3 regular)
– 3 cups of almond flower
– half a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 to 2 teaspoons of ground ginger (depending on your taste buds, I like 2 though for a stronger ginger flavour)
– 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 3 quarters of a cup of honey or date syrup (this can be played with a bit to lessen the sweetness but I wouldn’t recommend going below 1 quarter)
– 1 quarter a cup of coconut oil
– 1 quarter a teaspoon of sea salt
(Allow 35 minutes including cooking time)
– Preheat oven to 170c
– Grease medium sized backing tray and set aside
– Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and spices together in a mixing bowl and set aside
– Stir honey/syrup and coconut oil together in a saucepan on a low heat
– Add warm honey/syrup and coconut oil to the eggs in a large mixing bowl and whisk together
– Slowly, start adding flour mix and whisk I together to make as smooth as possible
– Place in tray the heat in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out of the middle clean
Hope you enjoy this lovely little sweet treat, please leave a comment and share to show the love!