What we have here is an absolutely perfect substitute to that family fave – chips! (Or fries for my American cousins). I’m a firm believer that comfort food needs to stay on the menu on any healthy eating lifestyle, it’s just best to make that comfort food at home!
These chips have a lower carb content and lower starch content than the humble spud so won’t spike the blood sugars in the same way. Also they taste awesome!
So, here’s what you need –
– 1 turnip
– 2 tble spoons of Goose fat, (this is a saturated fat that will stay stable at high heats as opposed to unsaturated alternatives).
– 1 tsp of both oregano and chilli flakes
– pinch of salt & pepper
– Wash and peal Turnip
– Quarter the turnip and slice into slim chips
– Place chips in bowel, adding goose fat, salt, pepper and spices. Now mix with spoon and toss contents till oil and spices are evenly distributed on the chips.
– Place in oven proof bowel of till foil covered rack in pre heated oven (220/230).
– cook for 20/30 minutes, turning once half way through.
– Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes, serve and enjoy! 👍😎